Assistant or Associate Land Use Planner
Associate or Assistant Planner - Lake Tahoe, California
Ogilvy Consulting, a small, established consulting firm providing land use and project coordination services for commercial and residential projects in the Lake Tahoe Basin, is currently seeking candidates for Assistant Planner/Project Coordinator for our office located in Tahoe City, California. This is a professional position with the opportunity for growth and advancement.
The successful candidate will possess exceptional communication and customer service skills, as well as the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team. We are seeking candidates with a minimum of one to two years of experience in Planning, Real Estate development or transactions, Construction Management, or working within or for municipalities. Candidates with more substantial experience will be considered equally. The ideal candidate should have a desire to learn and grow within the business; the candidate must have the desire to find a long-term career in North Lake Tahoe.
- Coordinate efforts during property evaluation, project design, entitlements, and permitting through to the start of construction
- Update and maintain project files and status of key client deliverables
- Assess and research property related information, inclusive of grant deeds, jurisdictional records and appropriate signature authority. Maintains the routing and logging of key project documents.
- Review jurisdictional ordinances as they relate to the project
- Compile jurisdictional entitlement applications for submittal
Skills and Abilities
- An undergraduate degree is required, preferably in a related field
- Excellent organization, time management and planning skills, with the ability to balance competing priorities
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Eager to learn and adapt to changes quickly; highly self-motivated with strong problem solving ability
- Accurate and detail-oriented
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High competency with the Microsoft Office suite
- Prior Planning, CEQA, Real Estate, Title and/or contract administration experience a plus
- Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout the Tahoe Basin during the work days
- Additional Skills or Experience Beneficial, Yet Not Required
- Photoshop, AutoCAD and/or Sketch Up
- Landscape Architecture or Graphic Design
- Web page editing
- Public speaking and presentations
This is a position with the opportunity for advancement. Work schedule can have a degree of flexibility to enjoy the Tahoe lifestyle, for the right candidate a full or part-time position would be considered. Compensation is commensurate with experience; benefits include paid holidays, vacation time and a health care stipend. Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.