Market Analyst/Urban Planner & Consulting Project Manager
RKG Associates, Inc. is a leading national consulting firm providing economic, planning, and real estate advisory services to a wide variety of public and private clients throughout the United States. RKG is hiring for two positions: a MARKET ANALYST/URBAN PLANNER and a PROJECT CONSULTING MANAGER in our Alexandria, VA office.
The candidates for these positions must have practical experience in urban and regional planning, housing, economic development, and real estate market research. The applicants must have experience using ArcGIS and be familiar with its practical applications for planning. RKG’s Alexandria office is located in a transit-accessible location, a short walk from the Braddock Street Metro Station in Alexandria.
The persons chosen for these positions will work on a variety of projects including: Demographic & Economic Analysis - Economic development studies, demographic and market trends analysis, labor/workforce analysis Economic & Fiscal Impact Analysis
- Fiscal and economic impact analysis, impact fee analysis, Real Estate Analysis
- Market analysis, highest and best use analysis, development trends analysis, development feasibility proforma analysis Urban Redevelopment
- Downtown revitalization, waterfront revitalization, urban neighborhood redevelopment analysis,
- Candidates must possess a familiarity with the principles associated with urban planning, regional economic analysis, real estate market research, and fiscal/economic impact analysis.
- Market Analyst/Urban Planner - candidates should have at least 1-3 years of professional experience as a research analyst in an academic or consulting/financial organization, with familiarity in demographic and economic analysis, GIS mapping, and real estate financial analysis. Candidate should have expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Adobe InDesign, and Illustrator is also preferred. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Master’s degree with a specialization in urban planning/economics or development finance.
- Consulting Project Manager - the position requires a similar background to the Market Analyst/Urban Planner, but with 5 to 7 years of professional experience and a track record of managing a variety of consulting assignments and working directly with clients. The person in this position will be required to manage projects from beginning to end including project start-up, data analysis, synthesis, written and graphic production, and the presentation of materials. The person in this position must have a high level of comfort presenting the firm’s work products to clients, elected officials, and the public. Experience with facilitation and public engagement is necessary. Past work experience in a consulting environment is considered a plus. The position is full-time and available immediately.
Please e-mail your cover letter, resume, and writing sample to Mr. Russell Archambault, Vice President and Principal, RKG Associates, Inc. by email to email@example.com.
RKG Associates, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer.