Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic project analyst who will be based out of our Atlanta office.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, entrepreneurial: these are all words that describe our team. But what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
The Project Analyst position fulfills one of the primary roles on a project team. Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, the Project Analyst will perform real estate planning and implementation activities for one or more of the following client types: mixed-use campus edge developments, campus housing, intercollegiate athletics, campus recreation, student unions, arenas, stadiums, independent and charter schools, or community recreation. Planning services include strategic consulting, master planning, site and market analyses, demand-based needs assessments, detailed financial modeling, and project funding structuring.
The Project Analyst is responsible for conducting data collection and analysis, financial modeling, demand forecasting, market assessments, and other research activities that will support the team's recommendation. The Project Analyst will take a leadership role in the documentation of the findings and the creation of other client deliverables.
The Project Analyst will work closely with other members of the project team and will play an active role in schedule management and client interfacing.
- Performs data collection and analysis to include focus group leading and reporting, in-person and telephone interviews, survey design and analysis, site analysis, space planning, and print and Internet research. Integrates analysis into the company's established methodologies.
- Writes reports that concisely analyze and distill data in order to meet client's desired outcomes.
- Coordinates scope activities including corresponding with clients, scheduling or participating in meetings, or tracking project action items.
- Meets regularly with and provides support for the project executive and project manager.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Performs quality control activities that ensure error-free reporting to clients.
- Participates in business development activities to include article writing, conference attendance, and prospective client tracking or follow-up.
- Performs additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to our continued growth.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in real estate management, finance, economics, planning, or related field. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- Directly related work or internship experience is highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Previous financial modelling experience in Excel is highly desirable.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong understanding of real estate, finance and accounting principles.
- Articulated support for the firm's mission, values and operating paradigm.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction.
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is an equal opportunity employer.
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment; moderate noise.
- Occasional evening or weekend work.
- Air and overnight travel is required.
- Office equipment/computers 8 hours per day.
- Sitting at desk or table up to 6 hours per day
- Standing or walking
- Repetitive wrist, hand or finger movement (while operating computer equipment)
- Eye-Hand Coordination (keyboard typing)
- Hearing and talking
- Extended periods of reading fine print
- Light to moderate bending, crouching, and stooping (filing)