Planning and Executive Assistant to the President
Telesis Corporation is seeking a dedicated and skilled Executive Assistant to the President to join our Washington, DC office. She/he will provide a wide range of administrative and support services to ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operations of the office. He/she will also have exposure to innovative neighborhood regeneration efforts working closely with the communities in which we work and public and private partners.
Telesis Corporation plans, finances and builds affordable housing and livable neighborhoods by working with community leaders to attract the organizational, civic and financial support required to enliven communities. Founded in 1985, Telesis has planned or developed over $2.8 billion in neighborhood regeneration projects including more than 17,000 units of housing and a range of retail, commercial, education, health, livelihood, and civic projects. For more information about our work please visit our website www.telesiscorp.com.
Telesis Corporation is seeking a talented team player with excellent oral and written communication skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word. The ideal candidate will be motivated by opportunities to learn, be detail as well as deadline oriented, anticipate work requirements, and have a willingness to perform other tasks as assigned.
The Executive Assistant to the President is expected to perform a variety of administrative support tasks including, but not limited to:
- Working with the President on daily objectives, daily communications, emails, phone calls and scheduling; draft and edit correspondence; organize project materials; maintain filing system; prepare agenda materials, including memos and reports;
- Ensure that all work is completed in a timely manner, is compliant with company policies and processes, and reflects the highest level of professionalism
- Assist with special projects as needed which may include reviewing and drafting policy pieces, research, and work with community initiatives;
- Assist with the preparation of RFP and RFQ submissions, and other financing applications, for community development work including editing and formatting;
- Design new presentation templates, invitations, and brochures using Adobe InDesign or comparable design software;
- Other work-related duties as may be assigned
Qualifications and Qualities Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 3-5 years of Administrative or Executive Assistant experience
- An intention to remain and grow in this role over a number of years
- Outstanding verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff and manage external relations
- Excellent writing, editing, researching and formatting skills
- Ability to understand priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to demonstrate flexibility when priorities change
- Ability to anticipate issues and needs and take initiative to respond appropriately
- High level of resourcefulness, thoroughness, and attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and information management skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to thrive in a fast environment
- Expertise with Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word as well as other computer proficiencies
Telesis is a Certified “Public Benefit Corporation” (B-Corp) and offers a very competitive benefits package along with a workspace featuring a community garden.
Please send your cover letter, resume, a writing sample, and salary requirements. No phone calls, please.