Urban Designer + Planner
WRT is a team of landscape architects, planners, urban designers, and architects based in Philadelphia and San Francisco practicing both nationally and internationally. WRT’s practice seeks to create impact in the communities we serve by championing our firm’s environmental ethos of designing with nature and reinforcing urbanism through our innovative work in design and planning. Our multidisciplinary team values the impact of our collective approach to create simple solutions for complex problems across multiple scales.
We seek a talented Urban Designer + Planner with 5-8 years of experience for a full-time position in the Philadelphia office. The candidate will serve as a project planner/urban designer (and eventual project manager) for planning and urban design projects ranging from redevelopment plans for urban districts, campus master plans, neighborhood revitalization plans with affordable housing emphasis, mixed income housing master plans, comprehensive plans and parks/open space systems plans for cities nationwide.
- Perform planning and design assignments with some supervision
- Assist with public participation processes and stakeholder facilitation
- Develop project graphics, content & reports
- Support project management duties related to budgeting staff time, developing and maintaining client relationships, and coordinating with other consultants
- Support business development, research, quantitative and qualitative analysis, mapping, writing, public speaking and presentations, and plan design
- Support Senior staff and principals while overseeing junior staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree in Planning and/or Urban Design or a 5-year accredited undergraduate professional degree
- AICP certification and/or a member of APA preferred but not required
- Great graphic skills and ability to convey urban design concepts and solutions
- A portfolio of previous plans s/he has created or assisted with
- A shared understanding of WRT’s social and environmental values
- The ability to think holistically and work with a multi-disciplinary team to arrive at creative solutions to urban challenges
- Familiarity with a variety of community engagement techniques and meeting facilitation
- Advanced experience in ArcGIS, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Sketch Up, AutoCAD, website creation software, and online engagement tools
- Self-motivation to learn and expand the WRT practice
- Strong oral communication and excellent writing skills and attention to detail
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this position should use the following link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers and follow the career page link. Please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples.
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strongly value diversity and an inclusive workplace.