About Us: Clarion Associates is a nationally recognized consulting firm specializing in land use planning, zoning and plan implementation, sustainability, and historic preservation. Our team is comprised of a group of highly-motivated individuals with a shared passion for making communities better for current and future generations. During our 25-year tenure, we have worked with over 100 cities, counties, and other public-sector and non-profit clients across the country.
About the Position: We are seeking a highly-organized self-starter with a collaborative spirit and an attention for detail. The Office Manager is responsible for accounting and human resources for the 18 staff in the firm’s Denver and North Carolina offices, as well as general office support for the 11 staff in the Denver office. This is a fast-paced position and the ideal candidate will be capable of juggling multiple tasks and deadlines while meeting our high standards of professional quality. This is a full-time position. We provide a full range of competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience. Clarion Associates is an equal opportunity employer.
Responsibilities: Primary responsibilities of this position will include:
- Generating, tracking, and processing client and subcontractor invoices
- Processing employee expenses and timesheets
- Managing bi-monthly office payroll for two offices
- Generating information for and coordinating with outside accounting firm on quarterly review of firm finances, tax preparation, and related tasks
- Supporting internal management team on all aspects of firm finances
- Managing company bank accounts
Human Resource Management
- Administering health, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability coverage for firm employees
- Administering the firm’s 401K and cafeteria plans
- Administering the firm’s Employee Handbook
- Processing paperwork for new/departing employees
- Serving as a resource on all human resources related issues
- Managing company and project-specific insurance and business licenses
- Monitoring/ordering office supplies
- Coordinating monthly/annual staff meetings
- Coordinating office IT needs—new computers, server issues, specialized software—with support from outside contractors as needed
- Completing a variety of other administrative support tasks as needed
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, or related field
- Minimum of three years of directly related experience
- Proficiency in MS office (Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook in particular)
- Advanced proficiency in small business accounting software (Clearview experience preferred, but not required)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Experience working in a planning, engineering, architecture, or similar professional services firm setting is a plus!
Location: The position will be located in Clarion’s downtown Denver office, but the successful candidate will also work closely with our Chapel Hill office. Candidates must either live in Denver or be willing to relocate; teleworking is not available for this position. Limited travel may be required from time to time.
To apply: Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on July 20, 2018.