Marketing & Business Development Manager
- Researching, identifying, tracking, and coordinating new leads, proposal opportunities, award submittals, marketing opportunities, and promotional activities.
- Preparing proposals, SOQs, and other documents for existing and potential clients, including but not limited to government agencies, MPOs, school districts, special districts, and private-sector clients.
- Analyzing proposal requirements, preparing proposal plan, and outlining the tasks, schedules, and responsibilities to achieve successful outcomes.
- Coordinating with internal team members across offices and external team members (i.e., subconsultants) to collect and compile information to develop and write proposal and presentation components.
- Reviewing, organizing, compiling, and editing written documentation, page layouts, and graphic presentation to simplify and strengthen the communication of themes and technical details.
- Conducting final quality control check of documents. Coordinates proofreading for grammar and ensuring compliance with RFP/RFQ requirements and conformance to established plans and guidelines.
- Coordinating the proposal production including: formatting, printing, assembling, binding, shipping, electronic versions, graphics, distributing copies, etc.
- Participating in marketing and business development discussions, and coordinating the day-to-day regional marketing and business development activities and resources as directed.
- Complying with the Company's corporate graphics standards and marketing templates. Administers quality control techniques to ensure a consistent appearance and style is presented for all internal and external communications. These include project descriptions, qualification packages, presentation graphics, Company logo, proposals, resumes, and cutsheets.
- Assisting with developing marketing collateral, including the writing and editing of content. Ensures regional offices have appropriate collateral produced.
- Updating the internal marketing database of marketing files (electronic and paper), interview materials, proposals, images, resumes, project cutsheets, and presentations.
- Assisting Marketing & Business Development Director with sponsorships, staff panels, promotional materials, invitations, attendees, and exhibits for regional conferences, tradeshows, and special events, as needed.
- May supervise and mentor staff members on the marketing team and/or production team.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree is required. Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts, marketing, communications, or journalism is strongly preferred.
- 5 years’ related work experience in developing, producing, and leading proposals, SOQs, and other client-pitch documents. Experience in the architecture/engineering/planning industry is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and in a highly collaborative environment with all levels of employees, including: Company management, team leaders, administrative managers, administrative staff, project managers, professional staff, subconsultants, and other specialists.
- Must have high-level organizational and planning skills to develop outlines, schedules, and task assignments; prioritize workload, special tasks, and concurrent projects; and allocate time and resources to ensure that work is completed accurately and efficiently within established deadlines.
- Must share the Company’s mission, vision, and values, and be dedicated to advancing its mission.
- Excellent writing and research skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (specifically, InDesign) is a plus.
To Apply: Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single PDF (no greater than 10MB) with the email subject line, “Northern California Marketing & Business Development Manager” to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PlaceWorks offers employees interesting and diverse project work; training, professional development, and career growth opportunities; work-life balance; and, the chance to work amongst industry leaders, practice area founders, and friendly, supportive, and dedicated colleagues. We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits, and a casual and collaborative work environment.
PlaceWorks is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at PlaceWorks are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military and veteran status, physical or mental disability, or any other status covered by applicable federal, state, or local law.