Tulsa Housing Authority is currently seeking an UrbanPlanner. As the Urban Planner, you will be assisting with community development with planning, development, administration and promotion of the agency’s “envision” master planning process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Are you innovative, creative and critical thinker who aspires to the highest standards of excellence;
- Can you provide technical expertise involved in the development of housing and other development opportunities in the “target neighborhoods” and other areas including project scope; initial feasibility analysis; site selection and acquisition; design scope; financing; entitlements; contractor selection and construction management;
- Are you able to conducts research, analysis and conflict resolution on planning and redevelopment issues having a high degree of complexity and public interest;
- Do you like to work with and supervises the work of consultants, contractors, non-profits, real estate developers, lenders, elected officials, and citizen groups;
- Have you supervised preparation of master plans, reports, contracts, legislation, budgets, work programs, and correspondence as necessary;
- Can you prepare reports and ensures compliance with variety of programs, contracts and agreements;
- Are you able to lead in conjunction working with other divisions of the agency and with other local government.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Master’s degree is preferred. Master’s Degree in Planning, Urban Design, or related field from an accredited college or university plus three (3) years of increasingly responsible experience in the areas of planning, development or urban design. As the with accreditation earned in foreign institutes are urged to apply.
Why Work for the Housing Authority?
This is an exciting time for our agency. We strive daily to take our agency to the next level with an excellent staff, Board of Commissioners and city officials working alongside our agency to ensure that THA remains effective in its service to our community.
As the Urban Planner, you can expect a rich benefits package that includes:
- Employer Contributes 11% of salary into 401(K)
- Health/Vision/Dental Plan
- Short Term/Long Term Disability
- Annual Leave Accrual
- 13 Paid Holidays
Learn more about our agency at www.tulsahousing.org
Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com.