Community Development Director
The City of Horace, ND is currently seeking a talented professional to fill the role of Community Development Director. This is a rewarding opportunity to make a difference in a dynamic, well-managed city with a hometown feeling.
The Community Development Director will manage and oversee major activities and special projects related to long-range and sustainability planning efforts. They will plan, direct, manage, and oversee city planning, economic development, code enforcement and building inspection activities. The Community Development Director will coordinate with and represent the city planning department to other departments, elected officials, and outside agencies.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Process and analyze proposals for zoning and map amendments, land development, Conditional use Permits, subdivision plats and regulation amendments, and provide and present recommendations related to long-range planning goals, objective, projects, and the Comprehensive Plan.
- Prepare and illustrate long-range planning studies, census information, and special projects from compiled field studies, reports, graphs, and/or maps.
- Present and assist in the facilitation of planning commission meetings.
- Enforce zoning and subdivision regulations.
- Prepare City Council legislations, such as ordinances and resolutions, related to both planning and economic development matters; develop and revise applicable City codes, policies, procedures and projects as assigned.
Summary of Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Architecture, Public Administration, Geography, Community Development, Sustainability or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in city planning, economic and community development or related experience required; appropriate combination of related education and work experience may be considered.
- Experience interpreting and applying laws, statutes and/or ordinances governing planning, zoning, building and economic development.
- Success in applying principles, practices, and techniques of planning and development, zoning, urban design, and sustainability.
- Experience in preparing and presenting written and oral reports, documents, design plans, sections, elevations and perspectives.
A full job description can be reviewed online at www.cityofhorace.com. Qualified applicants can send a letter of intent and resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to apply is July 29, 2018