Assistant/Associate Planner Position
Hofman Planning & Engineering is pursuing an accelerated recruitment of candidates for an Assistant and/or Associate Planner position. Candidates that can excel in a fast-paced environment to provide planning consultant services to a variety of public, private and non-profit sector clients are sought. We have an immediate opportunity for a planning professional who will work with HPE Planning and Engineering staff including making city submittals, tracking project processing, issue resolution, and zoning and land use research.
Minimum Requirements Include:
▪ Degree in Urban Planning, Geography, or related field
▪ Two years minimum experience in planning or land use/development for Assistant level
▪ Four years minimum experience in planning or land use/development for Associate level
▪ Project management skills; excellent written and verbal communication
▪ Experience with California Land Use & Environment Laws including CEQA
▪ Able to work independently within a team-supported environment
Top Candidates Will Provide or Demonstrate the Following:
▪ Experience in dealing with public agencies and city planning departments
▪ Flexibility and professional accountability; marketing assistance
▪ Experience making submittals to various government agencies
▪ Ability to multi-task
▪ Have a valid drivers license.
▪ Traveling to agencies making application submittals will be part of duties
▪ Demonstrated writing skills
Send cover letter and current resume to Bill Hofman, President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications accepted until position filled.