Transportation Planning Intern
Nelson\Nygaard Consulting Associates seeks a highly organized, independent, and motivated Intern for its Portland office. This is an outstanding opportunity for the right person to become involved in Nelson\Nygaard's growing practice, which is focused on multimodal transportation planning for livable communities. Nelson\Nygaard's work emphasizes creative, innovative transit/transportation planning and community involvement, often within a wider set of goals such as economic development and reduced dependence on the private automobile.
The position will be responsible for assisting on a range of projects including multimodal plans, TDM studies, transit studies, Active Transportation plans, Complete Streets design and policy work, transit-oriented development (TOD) plans, parking analysis, paratransit studies, among others.
Interns will be expected to:
- Assist with data collection activities and analysis in the office and/or field
- Analyze and map data in an engaging and user-friendly manner
- Collect, enter, tabulate and analyze data
- Prepare brief memos explaining methodology and findings
- Assist with the preparation of existing conditions reports and other plan chapters
- Conduct research as needed to assist senior staff on projects
- Assist with the preparation of presentations and other community outreach activities
- Cover office administrative duties as needed
The ideal candidate is:
- Currently enrolled in a graduate planning program
- Excellent data analysis and data management skills, expertise with Excel
- Strong Microsoft Office knowledge
- GIS and Adobe Knowledge (Illustrator, InDesign)
- Proficiency with R strongly desired
- Proficiency with AutoCAD preferred
Salary and Benefits
Hours are flexible and will range from 12-20 hours per week. This is a paid internship that will last approximately 3 months. Secure bike parking on site.
To apply, visit https://rn21.ultipro.com/PER1007C/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*C7B1CFB2AE415513 and following the application instructions at the bottom of the page.