Land Use Planner
M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 40 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoy working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
Visit us at http://www.m-group.us to learn more.
M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified planners to serve clients in the North Bay Area region. Candidates must have CEQA experience and experience working for a California municipal government, including land use and development review. The positions will be based in M-Group’s Santa Rosa office.
- Positions are available for full time (40 hours/week).
- Responsibilities may include: Consulting planning work at various City planning departments, including; review of development projects, architectural design review, application processing, plan check review, public counter assistance, report-preparation, public presentations, CEQA review and analysis at the Associate Planner level and above.
- Attendance at evening meetings as needed (Planning Commission/City Council).
Applicants must have/demonstrate:
- An undergraduate degree in Urban Planning or related field.
- Assistant level requires a minimum of 1 year prior experience working for a local government planning department, preferably with a California City jurisdiction. At least 3 years prior experience at the Associate Planner level, a minimum of 5 years prior experience at the Senior level, and a minimum of 7 years at the Principal. A Master’s degree may substitute for one of the required years of experience, except at the Assistant level where a minimum of one year is required.
- Solid CEQA knowledge and experience is highly desirable.
- The ability to work independently and also contribute as a team player.
- Strong writing, presentation, and public speaking skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight timelines.
- Graphic design skills including Adobe Illustrator and InDesign are highly desirable
- AICP certification highly desirable.
Benefits & Compensation:
- Competitive compensation varies by level of experience
- Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life
- 401K Profit Sharing after 1 year of employment
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 12 Paid Holidays