Senior Planner, Current Planning
The City of Henderson announces a recruitment to fill one (1) vacancy for a Senior Planner-Current Planning in the Community Development and Services Department. The eligibility list may be utilized to fill vacancies for this classification for up to one (1) year.
Under general supervision, performs complex design and planning activities at a lead level for current planning projects; and performs related duties as required. Evening meets will be required.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Land Planning, Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, or a closely related field.
- Four (4) years of experience in Current Planning or a related field; one (1) year of which was at a lead or supervisory level.
- Note: An equivalent combination of related training and experience may be considered
- Must possess and maintain a valid Nevada or "border state" driver's license, as defined by NRS 483.
- Desirable: Master's Degree in a related field.
- Desirable: American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the rules, regulations, policies and operating procedures of the Community Development and Services Department; the theories, principles, procedures, practices, and trends in the field of land/site planning and general planning; and federal, state, and local laws, ordinances, and codes impacting the planning function; development, economics, finance, and geology as they apply to urban design and planning; supervisory practices and procedures; and City of Henderson Civil Service Rules, Administrative Policies, and collective bargaining agreements.
- Ability to perform technical design and planning research; prepare clear, concise, and thorough reports; manage multiple frequent and conflicting deadlines; make effective presentations to diverse groups; use appropriate presentation techniques; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work; act as project leader and direct the work of others; and communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Skill in the use of office equipment including personal computers.