Growth Management Intern
Closes: Open until filled with applications reviewed beginning June 7, 2018
Status: 12 months part-time (12-16 hours/week) with possibility of frontloaded hours during summer months; nonexempt FLSA status
Salary: $19 per hour
Timeline: Position to begin July 2018
Location: Puget Sound Regional Council, Downtown Seattle, Washington
PSRC is seeking an intern to support planning activities in the Growth Management team. PSRC has initiated work on developing VISION 2050, the central Puget Sound region’s long-range growth strategy. In this position, work will primarily include reviewing, analyzing, and preparing information and reports to support development of VISION 2050. This may include assistance on outreach activities and key regional policy issues such as social equity, land use planning, housing, and shared economic prosperity. The position will assist with other research and programmatic support for the Growth Management team, such as review of local plans.
The ideal candidate will have ability to:
- Analyze public policies, planning strategies, and implementation actions developed under state planning legislation.
- Assist with research projects for regional planning studies related to growth management topics, including land use and transportation.
- Assist with analysis of data and trends.
- Provide support for events, committee, and board meetings by organizing logistics, preparing materials and assisting in registration and conduct of meetings.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and work well with the general public, professionals, and agency staff.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or enrollment in a Master’s degree program in urban planning, public administration, geography, or a related field; or at least one year of planning experience;
- Or, any combination of education and experience that would provide the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform the job.
For application materials and full job announcement, please visit http://www.psrc.org/about/careers.