WRT is a team of landscape architects, planners, urban designers, and architects based in Philadelphia and San Francisco practicing both nationally and internationally. WRT’s practice seeks to create impact in the communities we serve by championing our firm’s environmental ethos of designing with nature and reinforcing urbanism through our innovative work in design and planning. Our multidisciplinary team values the impact of our collective approach to create simple solutions for complex problems across multiple scales.
We seek a talented Planner with 3-5 years of experience for a full-time position in the San Francisco office. The candidate will serve as a project planner for planning and urban design studies and work on projects ranging from specific plans for urban districts, land use components of general plans, corridor and district revitalization, and parks and open space systems plans for cities throughout the west.
• Research, analysis and writing
• Community engagement, including program design, speaking and facilitation;
• Mapping and plan graphics
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor or Master degree in Planning or Urban Design
• A solid understanding of California planning processes including general plans, specific plans, and CEQA
• Understanding of park and campus system planning concepts
• A portfolio of previous planning work
• A shared understanding of WRT’s social and environmental values
• The ability to think holistically and work with a multi-disciplinary team to arrive at creative solutions to urban challenges
• Familiarity with community engagement techniques and meeting facilitation
• Strong oral communications and excellent writing skills
• Self-motivation to learn and expand their practice
• Proficiency in ArcGIS and Adobe Creative Suite
• Working knowledge of Sketch Up, AutoCAD, website creation software, and online engagement tools is a plus
• Secondary language skills in Spanish is a plus
Qualified candidates looking to apply for this position should use the following link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers and follow the career page link. Please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples.
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strong value diversity and an inclusive workplace.