We are seeking a Planner III to plan and coordinate the programs and activities of Current Planning within the Community and Economic Development Department; coordinate assigned activities with other divisions, outside agencies, and the general public; and provide highly responsible and complex staff assistance to the Community and Economic Development Director, Development Review Manager, Board of County Commissioners, Planning Commissions, and the Board of Adjustment.
- May exercise some supervision over staff.
- Experience: Five (5) years of practical planning experience.
- Education and Training:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning or a related field is required.
- A Master's Degree with an AICP designation is preferred and may substitute for two (2) years of the required experience.
- With demonstration of exceptional abilities, candidates without an AICP designation may qualify for this position.
- License or Certificate: Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid Colorado driver's license.
- Background Check: Must pass a criminal background check.
- Other: Night time meetings may be required.