Housing and Community Development Manager
Alameda County Housing and Community Development seeks a highly motivated and experienced professionals to immediately fill the vacant positions of Housing and Community Development Manager (HCD Manager). This is a critical position in the management of the Housing and Community Development Department, with oversight for affordable housing lending and asset management of over 100 completed developments and both federal and local funding sources. With the passage of Measure A1, the County’s $580 Million Affordable Housing Bond, the work of creating new affordable housing has never been more exciting.
Applications and a supplemental questionnaire are due on June 4, 2018 All applications and the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted on the Alameda County Human Resources Website. [ https://jobapscloud.com/Alameda/default.asp ]
The HCD Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and supervising the work of housing and community development programs in a division of the Community Development Agency’s Housing and Community Development Department. The selected candidate will be responsible for both the performance of direct professional work in affordable housing development and be responsible for supervising lower level staff performing similar work. Work in this division includes project review, underwriting, implementation, monitoring and ensuring compliance of new housing developments utilizing County funding for affordable housing. Responsibilities will also include project and program planning, grant applications and administration, environmental review, public relations, record keeping, preparation of required reports, and other related duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in affordable housing and community development and have strong analytical skills, excellent writing skills, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, be organized and detail oriented, comfortable with public presentations and have sensitivity to working with people of different cultural backgrounds.
Specifically, the ideal candidate will be:
- Great communicator and listener, quick and clear thinker who can clearly articulate information to multiple forums, both verbally and in writing.
- Politically astute leader, possessing the skills necessary for identifying, navigating and successfully interacting within the dynamics of Federal, State and local government while maintaining sensitivity to the competing needs of a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Sound decision maker with the ability to identify & understand complex problems and concepts, apply logical thinking and quantitative methods of gathering and analyzing information and exercise good judgment based on available data, design solutions to problems, formulate and articulate action plans proactively and collaboratively.
- Strong leader who aligns the organization’s vision and values by inspiring, advising and facilitating goal accomplishment, handling multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaborator, adept in identifying opportunities and taking action to build strategic relationships to help achieve agency goals.
- A self-starter, responsive and motivated, be a team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and possess a high level of commitment to the field.
For more information, please go to the Alameda County Human Resources Website Recruitment #18-2960-01 for full project description and application information. Applications are due on June 4, 2018.
Please help us get the word out by passing this announcement along to interested and qualified individuals.
Alameda County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.