The City of Newport News is seeking a Landscape Planner for the Department of Planning.
- Reviews landscape plans submitted for conformity to city design specifications and standards.
- Prepares specifications for landscaping maintenance contracts.
- Performs field inspections of landscaping and site layout to insure compliance with approved site plan.
- Prepares landscape plans for city property including street rights-of-way.
- Responsible for compiling site information, preparing site maps, reading engineering plans and adjusting maps accordingly.
This position requires a Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture, Urban Design or Horticulture with an emphasis on Landscape Design and 1-3 years’ experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Anticipated hiring range: $42,016 - $50,419.
For additional information, and to apply, log on to https://va-newportnews.civicplushrms.com/Careers/ by May 8, 2018.