Special Projects Manager
Application Deadline: April 20, 2018
Special Projects Manager (West Ashley)
Provides management and support to special projects undertaken by the City’s Department of Planning, Preservation and Sustainability specifically in West Ashley by performing the following duties.
- Manages, coordinates, and leads implementation of special planning projects for the City in West Ashley.
- Develops project plans specifying goals, strategies, scheduling, staffing, budget, and allocation of resources.
- Works with City leadership, various City departments, and other governing agencies to ensure that special planning studies and programs coordinate with zoning ordinances, comprehensive planning strategies and other related efforts.
- Represents the City and makes presentations pertaining to special West Ashley planning projects, goals, strategies, and initiatives in a variety of public and professional forums.
- Manages and provides assistance to the West Ashley Revitalization Commission. Interacts with residents, attends community meetings, and develops community engagement initiatives.
- Serves as a staff liaison and an information resource between the City of Charleston and a wide range of entities involved in the revitalization of West Ashley.
- Interacts with planning consultants working on special projects, and makes project recommendations as necessary.
- Develops reports, media, and other communication material for plans and projects in West Ashley. Manages the collection and maintenance of data related to special planning projects; compiles related reports relative to West Ashley.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requires: Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Planning or a related field; and six to eight years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) certification preferred. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have extensive knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel and Word or similar software as well as the Adobe Suite package. Valid state issued driver’s license.