Planner - Traffic & Toll Revenue
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
- Perform traffic and revenue studies for various clients throughout the country by applying socioeconomic and travel demand analysis. Studies are executed at different levels of detail ranging from sketch to preliminary to investment grade levels.
- Analyze travel characteristics for planned and existing toll roads, managed lanes, etc. by conducting origin-destination surveys, stated-preference surveys and time and delay studies. Utilize analysis from traffic and survey data for validating assignment models applied in toll roads/bridges and managed lanes analysis.
- Analyze national & international tolling trends and perform tolling policy analysis including all-electronic-tolling, open road tolling and congestion pricing; using industry standard procedures/models.
- Perform traffic and other data analysis for tolled and non-toll facilities using statistical tools and performing spatial analysis using GIS.
- Assist in the application of travel demand models using CUBE, TransCAD and other modeling platforms.
- Summarize and evaluate travel demand model outputs.
- Prepare traffic and toll revenue forecasts and provide assistance to senior staff in the calibration of travel demand models.
- Interact with client and other agencies including coordination with sub consultants to collect data and provide input at critical stages of tolling studies.
- Coordinate project tasks associated with field surveys, socio-economic analysis, traffic and revenue analysis and track project schedule and budget using MS Project.
- Assist project managers with writing technical reports, preparing presentations, progress reports and other project specific deliverables for toll traffic and revenue studies.
- Act as a mentor for junior staff by providing technical training for tools and concepts applied in the traffic and revenue analysis.
- Coordinate efforts across offices when additional staff are needed.
- 7 + years previous experience (since Bachelor's), previous planning experience.
- Bachelor's degree in arts, planning, engineering, or a science required. Master's degree in planning, engineering, science, or environmental science/ management preferred.
- A.I.C.P. Certification, Certification in a related field, and/or Master's degree in a related field (where Certification is not applicable) is required.
- Strong technical skills and technical writing ability.
- Prior experience in toll studies and traffic and revenue forecasting is desired. However, a candidate with a strong understating of travel demand modeling and superior task/project management skills will be given equal consideration.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an equal opportunity employer.