The City of Monrovia is looking for a unique individual to serve as a Planning Technician in the Community Development Department. This individual should be someone who is inspired by the challenges and opportunities presented in working with an engaged and active community. The Planning Technician reports to the Planning Division Manager.
In Monrovia, we believe that the way in which we approach our work is just as important as the end result. An individual who is committed to serving with humility and who can demonstrate high emotional intelligence will be successful in the role. Competitive candidates will have a hunger to continually search for better ways of doing things as a way of demonstrating their loyalty to the organization and community. The selected individual will be a smart, creative, and intuitive thinker and decision maker.
This position will assist in managing a variety of projects, programs and operational functions including, but not limited to:
- Provide front line customer service by responding to resident and developer inquiries related to general plan, zoning, and permit requirements at the public counter, by telephone, and by electronic mail
- Provide careful design review guidance on residential projects using the City’s new Neighborhood Compatibility and Demolition Review Ordinances
- Review development plans project proposals, and business license applications for completeness and compliance with applicable codes
- Prepare and deliver presentations to the Development Review Committee, Planning Commission, and Historic Preservation Commission
- Assist the Planning Team with the Sign Code Update and reporting on a variety of planning issues
- Assist with the integration of TRAKiT into the planning operation, including the update of reports, forms, and documents