Urban Design/Landscape Mid-Level Project Associate
MIG, Inc. is a national planning, design, management, communications and technology firm with nearly 250 employees in 15 US offices. Our Denver office is seeking a creative Project Associate to join our multi-disciplinary planning and design team.
The person in this role will work closely with a team of planners and designers to develop design and planning concepts and help to visually communicate the impacts of proposed changes to clients, decision-makers, and the public in a variety of 2D and 3D formats. The ideal candidate has a high proficiency in GIS, CAD and SketchUp and understands quality community-centric design - both in terms of graphic communication (composition, color palettes, page layout, etc.) and urban and/or landscape design. In addition, the person filling this role will have the ability to think critically and creatively, is adaptable to changing situations, has a knowledge of general scales and relationships in the built environment, works well independently and as part of a collaborative team in an open office environment, and maintains a good sense of humor.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (combination of training and experience) required.
- 2-3 years of experience in graphic production, GIS mapping and analysis, drafting and/or creating 3D models in an urban design/landscape architecture/planning/architecture field highly desired.
Specific Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Convey Concepts - landscape, urban design, environmental/site constraints, infrastructure.
- Downtown/Urban District Visualization - help communities rally around ideas.
- Zoning Code and Design Standards/Guidelines - communicate concepts and requirements.
- Drafting - Ability to draft preliminary designs, specs, construction drawings in AutoCAD.
- Cross-Platform/Source - Use a variety of data sources and programs to create composite graphics and simulations.
- Development Proposals and Review - visualize what a new (re)development will look like.
- Spatial Analysis – mapping and analysis of geospatial data to inform recommendations.
- Proficiency in SketchUp and ArcView/ArcGIS - REQUIRED
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (specifically some combination of Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign) – REQUIRED
- Proficiency in AutoCAD – desirable
- 3D Studio Max – desirable
- Vray – desirable
- Unity 3D – desirable
- Video Editing (Final Cut or Premiere) – desirable
Salary will be commensurate with experience. MIG provides a comprehensive benefits program and is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants may be required to take a skills test.
If you meet the requirements above, are passionate about design, and have a desire to help create and improve neighborhoods, urban centers and communities, please email PDF versions of a cover letter, resume and portfolio to: Roxanne Evanoff firstname.lastname@example.org