Transportation Planner IV
City and County of San Francisco
Municipal Transportation Agency
5290 Transportation Planner IV
Recruitment # PEX-5290-902622
Under general administrative supervision, the Transportation Planner IV will focus on improving paratransit service reliability and productivity by developing and implementing technological improvements such as a Web Portal, E-Hail, and automated dispatch. The Transportation Planner IV will develop and implement policies for accessible blue zone parking and accessible white zone loading in consultation with partners at interested agencies.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
• Monitors adherence to contract deliverables.
• Collects, analyzes and reports on paratransit service-related data for the purpose of policy development and service planning.
• Develops, implements and monitors paratransit policies and procedures, including the preparation of complex written documents and reports.
• Supervises the design and preparation of charts, maps and other graphic materials to represent data and illustrate plans and/or reports.
• Reviews federal and state legislation related to transit/paratransit plans and programs, with particular focus on the American's with Disabilities Act and other accessibility regulations.
• Represents the department in public meetings and governmental, regulatory agency meetings.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university preferably in Transportation, Mass Transit Planning or other closely related field; AND six (6) years of transportation planning experience; OR
2. Possession of a Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Planning, Transportation, Transportation Engineering, Public Administration or other closely related field; AND four (4) years of transportation planning experience.
1. Additional transportation planning experience beyond the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for year basis.
2. Additional post-graduate education as described in item 2 of the Minimum Qualifications may be substituted for required experience on a year-for-year basis (30 semester units/45 quarter units equal one (1) year of experience).will be considered equivalent to 30 semester units/45 quarter units.
• Experience working with seniors and persons with disabilities.
• Familiarity with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other accessibility legislation.
• Experience planning for accessible transit and/or paratransit service.
• Experience planning for accessible pedestrian & bicycle services and programs.
• Experience planning for accessible parking.
To view the full job posting in detail and apply online, please use the following link: