Development Strategies is seeking to add a talented Planner/Senior Planner with 3 to 5 years, or 6 to 8 years of experience to its team.
We are a multidisciplinary firm that improves communities by guiding and shaping investments in real estate and place, economics and innovation, and community and people. It is a team of researchers and analysts, that support strategists, planners, and project managers in formulating plans for downtowns, districts, corridors, and cities—as well as private development.
The candidate will serve as a planner/project manager for planning and development studies, and work on projects ranging from development strategies for downtowns, districts, and corridors, to citywide and institutional strategic plans.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Community engagement, writing, qualitative and quantitative analysis, public speaking and presentations, and plan development, synthesizing input from in-house strategists
- Project management duties include budgeting staff time, developing and maintaining client relationships, and coordinating with other consultants
- Support senior staff and principals while overseeing junior staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- A masters in Planning or a related field
- AICP certification or a willingness to take the exam
- An ability to think holistically and synthesize information
- A willingness to work with a team to story-tell
- Familiarity with a variety of community engagement techniques and meeting facilitation, or a willingness to learn
- An eagerness to listen to client feedback and formulate plans that balance community desires with market, economic, policy, and physical analysis
- Self-motivation to expend their practice
- An appreciation for writing, speech and graphic design as important modes of communication
- Familiarity with both Microsoft and Adobe Suites
- Microsoft: Powerpoint, Word, Publisher, Excel
- Adobe: InDesign