WRT is a team of planners, urban designers, architects, and landscape architects. We value the impact of our collective approach to create simple solutions for complex problems across scales. We serve our communities by designing places that enhance the natural and social environment.
We seek a talentedPlannerwith 4-6 years of experience for a full time position in the San Francisco office. The candidate will serve as a project planner for planning and urban design studies and work on projects ranging from specific plans for urban districts, land use components of general plans, corridor and district revitalization, and parks and open space systems plans for cities throughout the west.
- Research, community engagement, quantitative and qualitative analysis, mapping, writing, public speaking and presentations, and plan design
- Project management duties related to budgeting staff time, developing and maintaining client relationships, and coordinating with other consultants
- Support Senior staff and principals while overseeing junior staff
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Master degree in Planning or Landscape Design
- AICP certification and a member of APA
- A solid understanding of California planning processes including general plans, specific plans, and CEQA, and/or park system plans
- A portfolio of previous plans s/he has created or assisted with
- A shared understanding of WRT’s social and environmental values
- The ability to think holistically and work with a multi-disciplinary team to arrive at creative solutions to urban challenges
- Familiarity with a variety of community engagement techniques and meeting facilitation
- Advanced experience in ArcGIS, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of Sketch Up, AutoCAD, website creation software, and online engagement tools
- Self-motivation to learn and expand their practice
- Strong oral communications and excellent writing skills
- Secondary language skills in Spanish is a plus
To apply for this position, use this link: http://www.wrtdesign.com/contact/careers or go directly to WRT's website, www.wrtdesign.com, and follow the career page link. Please submit your cover letter, resume and work samples.
WRT is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We strong value diversity and an inclusive workplace.