CT Consultants, Inc.is an innovative, growing, and reputable Engineering Consulting Firm who has been providing clients award winning projects and ground-breaking solutions since 1922. We are currently looking for a vibrant self-motivated Senior Planner to work from our Mentor, OH office that will be responsible for managing complex planning projects and rewrites of land development codes, coordinating inter-disciplinary project teams, technical development, and client management and relations. Potential projects may include county/local level comprehensive plans, neighborhood plans, downtown and community revitalization plans, corridor plans, park plans, and strategic plans.
Responsibilities also include:
- Preparing and making public and client presentations and facilitating public meetings and workshops, generally at evening meetings
- Conducting research and preparing reports on land use, physical, social & economic issues
- Conducting review of development plans to determine conformity with client’s local regulations
- Preparing expert opinions regarding development proposals, plan amendments, rezoning, and annexations on behalf of public or private clients
- Performing field inspections to gather data relevant to the project
- Writing proposals, developing budgets and schedules
- Engaging in client interactions
- Managing junior staff production time and mentoring/coaching junior staff
- A master’s degree in urban planning or related field, or a strong combination of city planning, physical design and public policy undergraduate and graduate level education.
- At least 8 years of comprehensive planning and land development code writing experience for multiple jurisdictions at a consulting firm or public entity (consulting experience is preferred)
- Advanced knowledge of the philosophies, principals, practices & techniques of city and rural planning and zoning, and of Ohio planning and land use laws
- Well-developed knowledge of one or more planning disciplines, such as land use, downtown revitalization, economic development, or urban design.
- Knowledge of principles, methodology, practices of research and data collection
- Familiarity with urban planning graphics and mapping programs including GIS, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite (working knowledge of programs is preferred)
- Supervisory experience is required. AICP Certification is preferred.
This position offers a competitive base salary and excellent benefits program which includes: Medical, Dental, Prescription Drug, 401(k) Plan, Life, and tuition reimbursement. Applicant must have a valid Ohio Driver's License, good driving record as well as proof of insurance. Interested candidates should visit our website at www.ctconsultants.com to apply or mail your resume to the address below:
CT Consultants, Inc.
8150 Sterling Court
Mentor, OH 44060
Attn: Human Resources