We are seeking a dynamic and motivated individual to join our team and work with us to create stronger and more livable communities in the American West. The Project Manager will engage in a wide range of projects and activities, including on the ground technical assistance, applied research and analysis, developing the capacity of local leaders, and working with local partners to support the implementation of best practices.
About Community Builders
Community Builders (CB) is a nonprofit organization that helps local leaders build livable communities and sustainable economies in the American West. We are a team of versatile and able planners, designers, facilitators, storytellers, analysts and relationship-builders. We are dedicated to empowering local leaders that are working to build more livable places. Emphasizing civic capacity and on the ground results, we provide research, training and assistance to advance three core strategies: strengthen local leadership, inspire community action, and enable on the ground change.
Who We Are Seeking
First and foremost, we are looking for people who are passionate about building better places and excited to work within a fast-paced, creative and collaborative work environment. Beyond any specific skill set, we are attracted to people who are smart, adaptable, creative, collaborative and responsible. The ideal candidate will have a diverse skill set and the ability to manage a variety of different projects, from on-the-ground technical assistance to research projects. In addition to solid technical planning skills, s/he will have experience with community outreach, public engagement and meeting facilitation. The ideal candidate will understand what makes communities tick, from local planning and governance processes to the dynamics that influence the economic and social well-being of communities. They will also possess the critical and creative thinking skills to apply that knowledge to our work.
A demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and the ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously is crucial. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively internally and with external partners.
The ideal candidate will have current experience and expertise in a range of urban planning and design, infill and redevelopment, real estate finance, urban economics, transportation, housing and community engagement topics and practices.
- Masters’ Degree in Urban and Regional Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Community Development, Economics, Geography or a related field, or an MBA in Real Estate Development and Management (or equal level of professional experience).
- Excellent project management skills and experience.
- Expertise in land use, community planning and economic development.
- Strong external communication skills: oral, written and presentation.
- Solid understanding of local government procedures and processes.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to travel, as required, to various communities throughout the western U.S.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Research skills, including methods, data collection and analysis and report preparation.
- Passion for the communities we serve and the work we do.
- Ability to work as a cohesive team with a small group of highly skilled professionals to achieve outstanding outcomes for our communities
- A strong work ethic and desire to grow personally and professionally.
- Minimum of three-years of relevant work experience.
The Project Manager is a full-time position based in Glenwood Springs, Colorado. Community Builders offers competitive salary and benefits as well as exceptional professional development opportunities. To learn more about us, visit us at www.communitybuilders.org. Explore our publications, blogs and research and check out our projects.
Please submit to email@example.com with the subject line: “Project Manager” 1) A letter of interest that clearly and succinctly discusses your interest in the position. 2) Resume.
References: Though they are not required at the time of submittal, we will ask for references for any applicants that we consider for the position. We will notify applicants before calling any references and will not contact current employers without permission.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and accepted, and interviews will be scheduled with potential candidates until the position is filled.