Land Use Planner
Land Use Planner – 1 to 3 Years’ Experience AKS Engineering & Forestry is seeking a Land Use Planner for our Tualatin, OR office. This person will provide support for site development projects by applying land use policy and regulations and will manage the preparation of land use entitlements. If you are looking to join a well-respected and talented team of professionals in a dynamic organization that is poised for growth, then you’ll want to consider AKS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Planning, Landscape Architecture, Geography, or related field or equivalent work experience is required
- 1-3 years’ relevant experience performing land use planning activities
- Ability to manage multiple and conflicting deadlines; and prioritize workload
- Excellent written communication skills including letter and report writing, preferably land use permit applications
- Knowledge of Oregon State Planning System
- Experience interpreting City and County Comprehensive Plans and Development Codes
- Excellent speaking skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, clients, permitting agency staff, and other project team members
- Work independently while providing support to the Principal Planner(s) with minimal supervision while collaborating with other multidisciplinary team members
- Proficient with word processing, presentation, spreadsheet, and scheduling software (Microsoft Office Suite, Project, Adobe, etc.)
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD/Civil 3D, Photoshop, and GIS
- Perform timely and accurate property, zoning, and utility research by way of internet/GIS investigation and through telephone/in-person inquiries to ensure compliance with municipal land use regulations
- Analyze, assess, and break down complex issues affecting property, transportation networks, utility infrastructure, etc. to respond to client inquiries, assess the feasibility of property development, and develop scopes of work for proposals
- Develop clearly written and detailed scopes of work for proposals
- Coordinate with clients on project data and scheduling
- Prepare, organize, coordinate with project team, and submit required materials (may include land use applications that require plats, rezones, conditional use, and site plan reviews) and coordinate pre-application conferences as necessary
- Set up, organize, and attend neighborhood meetings
- Effectively and efficiently coordinate with in-house engineering, surveying, and landscape architectural co-workers, permitting agency staff, and other project team members
- Assist with the preparation and submittal of high quality applications for complex technical land use permit entitlements covering a diverse range of projects
- Create, organize, and maintain project schedules, defining critical paths, and tracking milestone dates
- Develop and maintain effective positive working relationships with co-workers, clients, permitting agency staff, and other project team members
- Able to travel out of town, overnight on occasion as necessary
- Take personal responsibility for completing quality work within budgets and timelines
- Do what needs to be done
AKS is an infrastructure engineering firm that serves a combination of public and private clients in the Pacific Northwest. Our company provides a unique combination of services including civil engineering, surveying, planning, landscape architecture, arboriculture, natural resources, and forestry. We have an established, broad-based portfolio of clients including land owners, real-estate developers, architects, government agencies, public service providers, timberland owners, and others. With four offices and over 20 years in business, AKS is a well-respected and trusted resource to our clients.
Visit our website at www.aks-eng.com for additional information about the work we do.
AKS is not your typical consulting firm. We have created a unique work environment that is professional, friendly, casual, hardworking, and fun. With a reputation built on personal responsibility, straight answers, practical solutions, and above all else, client service, AKS has become a highly sought-after place to work. We strategically place our offices in the outskirts of larger cities, providing us faster response to our clients and a shorter drive to work for most employees. We emphasize building long-term relationships with clients at all levels of our organization and this philosophy has allowed us to expand and grow. Every employee is treated as a valuable asset and everyone’s voice matters. We offer a supportive work environment with an excellent benefit package and an outstanding opportunity for personal and professional growth. Benefits: AKS values our employees and proudly provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Checkout the Careers page of our website for more information on all that AKS offers. AKS Engineering and Forestry, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please apply online with resume, cover letter, and references at www.aks-eng.com.