The award-winning Town of Windsor is located in Sonoma County and offers the highly acclaimed wine country experience, along with economic opportunity, temperate weather, safe and well-maintained streets and parks, and a beautiful location. The Town has a population of 27,000 and is situated 63 miles north of San Francisco, 20 miles east of the Pacific Ocean, and 8 miles northwest of the County Seat in Santa Rosa. Incorporated as a common law city in July 1992, Windsor provides a modern, relaxed lifestyle with a growing retail and industrial center for the North County. The Town is currently on a 4/10 work schedule from Monday through Thursday, and is closed on Friday, allowing employees more time to enjoy a work-life balance.
Under general direction the Planning Manager plans, manages, coordinates, and supervises work activities of staff in the Planning Division within the Community Development Department; participates in advanced, highly-complex professional planning activities and projects, and provides overall management of division-related planning matters.
Some essential duties and responsibilities would be:
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise, review, and participate in the work of staff responsible for providing day-to-day services and activities in an assigned section and/or functional area in the Planning Division including in the areas of current or advanced planning, zoning administration, housing, and/or special projects, code enforcement and environmental review activities.
- Coordinating special planning studies and providing overall direction to the planning and development review process and coordinating the process with other agencies, divisions and Town departments; preparing or overseeing the preparation of staff reports, resolutions, research reports and other material for presentation to advisory bodies and to meet state and federal agency requirements.
- Participates in and assists with the development and administration of departmental budgets.
- Serves as project manager for multiple complex current and/or long-range planning projects and special planning studies.
- Interprets and applies federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations to ensure that public and private projects are in compliance, including the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), Subdivision Map Act, Public Resource Code, General Plan, Specific Plans, Design Specifications, and Local Guidelines and procedures.
- Conducts plan check of improvement plans and maps related to development projects, as well as building permit-level plan submittals associated with complex projects to verify compliance with project approvals and zoning requirements; conducts over-the-counter plan check of less complex development proposals and land uses; approves minor development plans.
- Coordinates project reviews by other Town departments and outside agencies and consultants.
- Evaluates the conclusions of initial studies, mitigated negative declarations, environmental impact reports, and uses the evaluation to formulate a recommendation on projects; monitors project compliance with environmental document mitigation measures and conditions of approval.
A completed Town of Windsor application and resume are required to be considered for this position. Application materials will be
accepted by the Town of Windsor Human Resources Division until Thursday, January 25,2018 at 6:00 p.m. Closing date postmarks will not be
accepted. Resumes will not be accepted without the required application materials. To apply online visit the Town website at: