Position Details: Full-time position
Reports to: Executive Director
The Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC) is a public-interest organization working to foster collaboration in shared mobility (including bikesharing, carsharing, ridehailing and more) and help connect the growing industry with transit agencies, cities and communities across the nation. Through piloting programs, conducting new research and providing advice and expertise to cities and regions, SUMC hopes to extend the benefits of shared mobility for all.
The Shared-Use Mobility Center (SUMC) seeks a Program Director to manage a large-scale project working with transit agencies and shared mobility providers to support the successful planning of mobility-on-demand projects in cities across the U.S. The ideal candidate is a strategic and creative thinker, self-starter, highly organized, has research and strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of managing teams to deliver complex projects, ideally within the transportation or urban policy sectors.
Program Director Routine Duties:
- Coordinate interviews and site visits to transit agencies across the U.S.
- Facilitate conversations within diverse communities about mobility needs, challenges, and potential solutions
- Facilitate partnerships across public, private, and community stakeholders
- Conduct research and analyze relevant data to understand opportunities and impacts of plans
- Develop a plan to track progress and coordinate internal resources to carry out tasks
- Identify new sources of funding
- Develop implementable business plans
- Create performance measurement plan to track project activities against desired outcomes
- Ensure that all tasks and deliverables are completed on time, within scope, and within budget
- Coordinate regular stakeholder meetings, webinars, and workshops in locations across the U.S.
- Communicate with stakeholders at all levels
- Travel for site visits and meetings
- 5-7 years’ program management experience
- Experience managing a team
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders at all levels in written and oral modes
- Experience in transportation, shared mobility and/or urban policy required
- Experience working in the public, nonprofit, or consulting sectors preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required; higher degree preferred
SUMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment opportunities at SUMC are based upon one’s qualifications and capabilities to perform the essential functions of a particular job. All employment opportunities are provided without regard to race, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
HOW TO APPLY
Mail resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: Human Resources –SUMC 125 S. Clark Floor 17 Chicago, IL 60603 Or email careers [at] sharedusemobilitycenter.org No phone calls please.
BENEFITS Medical, dental, vision, transit, life insurance, 401k
PROFESSIONAL LEVEL: Managerial
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: 4-year degree Higher level degree preferred