M-Group exists to bring innovative and effective planning solutions to Bay Area cities. Since the creation of the firm in 2006, we have brought high-caliber planning services to over 65 Bay Area communities. M-Group’s planners have extensive experience working on large, complex and high-profile projects and our staff brings together a range of accomplishments and a wealth of real-world experiences. Our staff enjoys working with a variety of planning professionals in many different settings and with many different agencies where they gain excellent experience in the profession.
M-Group is looking to hire well-qualified Senior Planners to serve clients in the South and North Bay. Candidates must have CEQA experience and experience working for a California municipal government, including current planning and development review experience as well as supervisory and management experience. The positions will be based in M-Group’s offices located in Campbell and Santa Rosa.
Job Criteria - responsibilities may include:
- Represent the City and work closely with citizens, architects, developers, and public and private officials to provide technical planning assistance, directly or through subordinate staff.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Conduct a variety of complex studies on specialized planning issues and development projects, prepare comprehensive staff reports and make recommendations to decision makers, Planning Commission and City Council.
- Provides staff support and confer with applicants, consultants, citizens, City officials, and other city departments.
- Administer the California Environmental Quality Act; review and comment on environmental impact reports.
- Answers questions and provides information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
- Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in the interpretation and application of planning and environmental laws, land use development principles and various land use laws as they relate to urban planning.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in urban planning, architecture, business, public administration or related field. A Master’s degree is highly desirable.
PLUS A minimum of five years’ experience working in local government planning activities including program planning, development and administration. Experience working with citizen organizations is highly desirable.
- Administrative principles and methods, including goal setting, program and budget development and implementation, and employee supervision.
- Principles, practices, and programs related to community and urban development.
- Applicable city, California state, and federal laws, guidelines, and standards, affecting the administration of community development programs and projects.
- Funding sources impacting program and service development.
- Social, political, and environmental issues influencing program administration.
- AICP certification highly desirable.
Benefits & Compensation:
- $105k - $125k depending on qualifications + bonus potential
- Employer funded Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life insurance
- 401K Retirement Plan and separate employer funded Profit-Sharing Plan
- Vacation & Sick Pay
- 12 Paid Holidays