Keep up with essential planning news and commentary, delivered to your inbox every Monday and Thursday.
1232 Training Officer
Under general supervision, the Training Officer performs journey-level work in the development, delivery, evaluation, and administration of training and employee development programs and facilitated events for employees, supervisors, managers of the San Francisco Planning Department, and performs related duties as required. The Planning Department’s training program covers technical content for Planners and other professional classes, management and supervisory skills, administrative skills, computer and technology training, professional and personal development, coaching, career development, communication and presentation skills and a variety of other training and professional development needs.
This is a Position-Based Test (PBT) conducted in accordance with the Civil Service Rule 111A: Position Based Testing. The PBT examination process will result in the creation of the 1232 eligible list. The certification rule for the eligible list resulting from this examination is Rule of Five (5) Scores.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
● Develop client relationships and performance agreements
● Assess the individual, team and organizational learning needs
● Design and develop learning programs, facilitated events, seminars, conferences, training materials, and appropriate assessment tools
● Develop reports, make recommendations, and deliver presentations to management
● Establish and maintain a continuous improvement process
● Conduct a variety of training and development programs
● Coordinate training contracts
● Prepare the budgets and/or justifications for the costs of specific training programs
● Implement City and County of San Francisco required employee training
● Coordinate a variety of training/personnel related programs (e.g., New Employee Orientation Program, Employee Performance Evaluation and Planning Program, Emergency Preparedness Program, Wellness Program, Conference Attendance and Travel Program, etc.) for the Department
● Provide coaching, consulting and change management service to management
1. Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university; AND
2. Two (2) years of verifiable experience designing, organizing, and conducting employee training programs.
1. Additional experience as described above may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Thirty (30) semester units/forty-five (45) quarter units equal one year of experience.
2. Possession of a Master of Arts degree may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
3. Verifiable experience in teaching adults and developing lesson plans may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
The stated desirable qualifications may be used to identify job finalists at the end of the selection process when candidates are referred for hiring.
● Interest in facilitating individual coaching sessions as needed OR possession of a coaching certificate and documentation of verifiable coaching hours.
● Experience developing and conducting training to diverse populations.
● Experience in the public sector.
● Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and oral.
● Ability to exercise flexibility and adaptable to changing priorities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications for City and County of San Francisco jobs are only accepted through an online process. Visit: [https://jobapscloud.com/SF/sup/BulPreview.asp?R1=PBT&R2=1232&R3=102572] to register an account and to view this complete job announcement for application submission requirements.