Project Manager, Regional Planning & Coordination
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is the regional planning and intergovernmental coordination agency that focuses on issues critical to the region’s success, including growth and development, transportation, water resources, services for older adults and workforce solutions. ARC is dedicated to unifying the region’s collective resources to prepare the metropolitan area for a prosperous future. This is done through professional planning initiatives, the provision of objective information and the involvement of the community in collaborative partnerships.
This individual will be responsible for leading programs carried out by the Community Development group, specifically the development of long-range plans including the Regional Development Plan (RDP) and Comprehensive Economic Competitiveness Strategy (CEDS). This individual will also create local comprehensive plans and local plans created through the Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages planning updates and comprehensive planning and funding documents; develops workplan; collaborates and coordinates with federal, state, regional and local agencies and elected officials; determines planning goals; determines direction of technical planning initiatives; oversees and prepares plans including gathering and analyzing data and incorporating feedback;
- Prepares and makes presentations; develops content; serves as technical expert, representing agency and/or area of subject-matter expertise at meetings with external partners and officials from other jurisdictions; prepares and makes reports;
- Serves as project manager and designated agency liaison for strategic initiatives and special studies; oversees staff; interprets program objectives; maintains and monitors performance statistics and project delivery information; •Supervises staff including conducting performance evaluations, coordinating training, and implementing hiring, discipline and termination procedures; •Prepares agendas for board meetings, committees and advisory councils; attends and/or facilitates meetings;
- Manages publications including annual reports, newsletters, correspondence; •Performs other duties assigned to support agency goals and objectives.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND COMPETENCIES:
- Knowledge of local and regional planning practice in metropolitan Atlanta, including plan preparation, stakeholder engagement, and the role of appointed and elected officials;
- Skill in planning, implementing and managing program components;
- Skill in developing and managing program budgets; •Ability to manage, supervise and evaluate staff;
- Ability to implement programs and prioritize and assign work to staff to attain goals;
- Ability to interact with partner agencies, local governments, and the general public;
- Ability to manage and contribute to complex projects and to work as part of a multidisciplinary team;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail; excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent management skills and the ability to juggle competing priorities;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software applications and client-related databases.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (equivalent combination acceptable):
- Master’s degree in urban or regional planning, economics, architecture, landscape architecture or related field
- Four (4) years of professional planning experience
- Two (2) years of supervisory or project management experience