About the company
Economic & Planning Systems, Inc. (EPS) is an innovative land use consulting firm distinct in our ability to understand and creatively resolve complex challenges related to land use policy, real estate investment, and governmental organization. Since 1983 we have served a wide variety of private and public sector clients throughout the United States with an emphasis on fiscal, economic and environmental sustainability. The firm has four offices located in Oakland, Los Angeles, Sacramento, and Denver. For more information, please visit our website at www.epsys.com
Our Oakland office is seeking a full time Research Analyst to provide support in the preparation of the full range of EPS work products under the direction of a project manager. This includes revitalization/redevelopment, real estate feasibility, public finance, fiscal and economic impact, land use policy, and other analyses. This is a challenging position offering professional development and a stimulating environment to the individual with the right skills and an interest in the interplay between economics and public policy in the development of cities and regions.
- Data analysis and financial modeling
- Research using in-house, proprietary, and public information sources
- Drafting sections of reports, memoranda, and presentations
- Interview real estate, planning, and other professionals
- Support meetings with clients and collaborative consulting firms
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in urban planning, urban economics, geography, public policy, business administration, or related field
- Computer spreadsheet (Excel) and GIS skills
- Experience with data acquisition from online sources and tools
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills to explain the methods and results of analysis
- Experience in public finance, land use policy, economic development, and real estate feasibility a plus
- Compensation/Salary: dependent on qualifications and experience
- Full benefits package including medical, dental, vision, disability, group life/AD&D, vacation/personal time and paid holidays.
- EPS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Positions are open until filled
Qualified candidates please submit your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
No phone calls please.