Complete Count Coordinator
The Southwest Missouri Council of Governments (SMCOG) is seeking a Complete Count Coordinator to facilitate a Regional Complete Count Committee (RCCC) and support the 2020 Census efforts in SW Missouri. The position is part-time but may work up to 40 hours per week and is funded through a grant for 8 months. However, the CC Coordinator may assist SMCOG staff on other local and regional planning efforts depending on applicant qualifications and job performance. SMCOG will be hiring for full-time positions and successful CC Coordinator applicants may be considered for those positions.
The Complete Count Coordinator is responsible for:
- Facilitating the Regional Complete Count Committee (RCCC) which covers a 10-county area. Members represent local governments, private non-profit organizations, colleges, school districts, for-profit businesses, and more. Sub-committees or working groups will also be facilitated by this position.
- Coordinate media events and other public engagement opportunities.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Maintain census information on the SMCOG website and social media.
- Educate RCCC members and the general public about the 2020 Census.
- Provide progress reports to funding agencies for the program.
- Support the 2020 Census in a variety of ways to help ensure a more accurate count.
SMCOG is a 10-county Regional Planning Commission administered through Missouri State University. No benefits provided to part-time staff. Position not to exceed 1,000 hours.
Please send resume and cover letter to SMCOG Executive Director, Jason Ray, AICP.