Land Use/Environmental Planner II-Land Use Environment Option
Planning & Development Services
Planning & Development Services (PDS) is responsible for recommending how and where our communities will grow through programs such as the County's General Plan and community plans. PDS reviews development applications in the unincorporated County to ensure they are properly designed and safely constructed. Other services include code compliance to ensure public health and safety, as well as hosting the County's sustainability efforts. PDS has six divisions: Advance Planning, Building Services, Code Compliance, Land Development, Project Planning, and Support Services. For additional information on this department, please click here.
The selected candidate(s) for Land Use/Environmental Planner II assigned to PDS' Advance Planning Division will contribute independently to a wide variety of long-range planning efforts of moderate complexity. These projects may include updates to the General Plan or Community Plans, ordinance or regulations updates, Climate Action Plan implementation, preparation and implementation of county-wide conservation plans, facilitation of public engagement meetings, preparation of graphics and other public outreach materials, or other special long-range planning projects.
Ideal Candidate Profile
The ideal candidate for Land Use/Environmental Planner II will possess the following experience, attributes, and traits:
- Demonstrate proven professional level experience as a land use or environmental planner including updating General Plans and Community Plans, updating ordinances or regulations, implementing Climate Action Plans, preparing agency-wide conservation plans, and handle special long-range planning projects
- Demonstrate experience and competency in facilitating public engagement meetings
- Demonstrate experience and competency in preparing graphic displays and other public outreach materials; tech-savvy
- Demonstrate a strong willingness to continually learn and grow professionally
- Maintain a professional perspective and objective demeanor when positive or difficult situations occur
- Review and handle complex projects involving several functional groups
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form; strong presentation skills; and a good listener
- Demonstrate good interpersonal and teamwork skills, including building relationships and collaborating with others in order to keep projects moving in a positive direction
- Learn and understand the perspectives of others, and embrace diversity and inclusiveness
If you believe that you possess these qualities, then PDS would be an ideal place for your talent and career growth. PDS has a great culture that values collaboration and teamwork