Brailsford & Dunlavey is seeking a dynamic project analyst for our Austin, TX location.
Ambitious, diverse, multidisciplinary, and entrepreneurial - these are all words that describe our team. However, what ties B&D employees together is our excitement and passion for advising our clients throughout the facility development process. Whether interviewing students on a college campus, touring classrooms in an elementary school, or sitting with fans on a stadium’s opening day, we are driven by our purpose to advance communities. It starts with our own B&D community; it starts with you.
Reporting to a project manager, this position fulfills one of the primary roles on a project team that will perform planning or implementation activities for one or more of the following client types: campus housing, intercollegiate athletics, campus recreation, student unions, arenas, stadiums, campus edge developments, independent and charter schools, or community recreation. Deliverables for planning services include master planning activities, site analyses, needs assessments, program planning, feasibility studies, financial modeling, and market analyses. Deliverables for implementation assignments include assisting with cost estimating, construction monitoring, constructability reviews, budget reconciliations, project documentation, permitting, schedule compliance, and commissioning activities.
The project analyst is specifically responsible for data collection and analysis, financial modeling, demand forecasting, market assessments, and other research activities that he/she then uses to write final reports or provide other client deliverables.
Other duties include assisting with project activities, working closely with other members of the project team, schedule management, and client interfacing.
- Performs data collection and analysis to include focus group leading and reporting, in-person and telephone interviews, survey design and analysis, site analysis, space planning, and print and internet research. Integrates analysis into the company's established methodologies.
- Writes reports that concisely analyze and distill data in order to meet client's desired outcomes.
- Coordinates scope activities including corresponding with clients, scheduling or participating in meetings, or tracking project action items.
- Meets regularly with and provides support for the project executive and project manager.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as required.
- Performs quality control activities that ensure error-free reporting to clients.
- Participates in business development activities to include article writing, conference attendance, and prospective client tracking or follow-up.
- Performs additional duties as assigned with the effort and skills required to contribute to our continued growth.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in architecture, finance, economics, planning, real estate management, or related field. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- 1 - 2 years' directly related work or internship experience is highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong understanding and real estate, finance and accounting principles.
- Articulated support for the firm's mission, values and operating paradigm.
- Demonstrated commitment to client satisfaction.
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices.
- Proven adaptability, flexibility, and creativity.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive within a team structure.
Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of individuals from diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, cultural, disability and ethical backgrounds and sensitivity to/knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented.
Brailsford & Dunlavey is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status
Brailsford & Dunlavey participates in E-Verify.