Director of Planning
About Albemarle County Community Development
The Department of Community Development (CDD) mission is to create a vision for the future of Albemarle County through a proactive community planning effort that involves all stakeholders in a consensus building process and ensures that all new development reflects the community’s vision.
The CDD strives to achieve a future community of quality development, protected natural resources, vital business activity, and livable, walkable neighborhoods.
The Director of Planning
The Albemarle County Community Development Department is seeking an experienced professional for our Director of Planning position.
The Director of Planning will lead a team of 23 staff, who are collectively responsible for policy, planning and development initiatives within a variety of urban and rural contexts. The Planning Division includes current development review, transportation planning, long-range neighborhood planning, and resource management. The Director of Planning will report to the Director of Community Development.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manage Planning Division administrative and operational function
• Collaborate with regional and local partners to implement all phases of County planning and community development
• Serve as Secretary to the Planning Commission and staff advisor to the Board of Supervisors
• Present reports, policy summaries, and planning processes to diverse stakeholders
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
• Thorough knowledge of urban and rural planning principles and best practices
• Working knowledge of related disciplines including civil engineering, architecture/urban design, data analysis, land conservation and economic development
• Demonstrated experience in effective project and personnel management
• Keen interpersonal and facilitation skills to establish and maintain collaborative relationships between community members, decisionmakers and partner agencies
• Excellent presentation, written, and analytical skills regarding complex and technical subject matter
Qualifications: Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university supplemented by a Master's degree in urban and/or regional planning is required.Progressively responsible experience in professional planning across urban, suburban and rural contexts is required. Five years of supervisory experience preferred.
Compensation:The full salary range for this position is $79,850 - $130,342, dependent upon candidate education and experience. Excellent benefits package included.
Applicant Deadline: Sunday, December 15, 2019 at 5:00pm EST
Please click the link for more details about this role! http://www.albemarle.org/upload/images/Forms_Center/Departments/Human_Re...