CDS is seeking an entry-level Market Analyst professional to join its team of consultants in Houston, Texas in early 2020. Preferred candidates will be recently graduated with or currently finishing an undergraduate degree in urban planning, geography, economics (especially urban or real estate emphasis), or similar. Will also consider candidates with 1-3 years experience in a relevant field.
Primary responsibilities will include assisting with (1) demographic and economic research and (2) real estate market research, analysis and evaluation. Related activities typically include:
- Data gathering from secondary sources, such as the U.S. Census
- In-person primary research including surveys, interviews, focus groups, and field work;
- Literature and Internet research; and
- Preparing tables, charts, and maps to display and summarize data and information.
The position will quickly progress to writing portions of market analysis reports and assisting with the preparation of in-person presentations. Assignments may include market analyses for a variety of private sector land uses (residential and/or commercial) and public policy / investment analysis and strategies for land use and economic development. Clients include both private sector developers and investors and public / civic sector entities. Assignments are primarily within Texas and Oklahoma but have occurred throughout the U.S. and Canada, and may be in urban, suburban, or exurban / small town locations.
Experience / coursework with geographic information systems (ArcGIS 10.3) to gather and analyze data is strongly preferred.
Also highly desirable are coursework on or other experience with:
- Demographic and economic data sources;
- Real estate market data;
- Real estate decision-making processes and analysis;
- Major real estate and urban development trends; and
- Public policies related to urban planning, development regulation, and public facility investment.
The candidate must have had coursework or experience that included analytical report writing and quantitative data presentation and analysis in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Candidates motivated by interest in market forces shaping urban development will be an especially good match.
Please see www.cdsmr.com for more about our firm and examples of projects.
Qualified candidates should submit their resume and brief statement of interest to Steve Spillette, President, [email protected].