Business Development Manager, Arlington Transportation Partners
Arlington Transportation Partners
Business Development Manager – Multi-Family Residential
The Destination Sales and Marketing Group, Ltd. (DS&MG) is a business services company that operates and manages transportation option programs in Arlington, VA. DS&MG has led the way in the Transportation Demand Management (TDM) industry since 1998 and has a solid reputation as a firm that creates innovative programming with measurable results. DS&MG operates programs including Arlington County Commuter Services’ Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP), BikeArlington, Mobility Lab, WalkArlington, and Capital Bikeshare as well as outreach for Vanpool Connect and Northern Virginia Transportation Commission’s I-66 Commuter Choice - Inside the Beltway program. We educate and assist our clients in offering their employees, residents, tenants, and guests programs and amenities that support travel choice.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be working on the Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) program focusing on building level transportation initiatives. ATP makes it easy for organizations and properties located in Arlington County to meet County development requirements and offer transportation benefits to their tenants and residents. These include transit programs, bicycle facilities, carpool and vanpool initiatives, Capital Bikeshare, car sharing, transportation information displays, and active transportation amenities.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) will be working on the Arlington Transportation Partners program focusing on business-to-business mobility choice initiatives. The BDM will work with clients to implement transportation programs and provide building level amenities that encourage residents to consider and use mobility options such as: bus, Metro, biking, walking, carpooling, vanpooling, commuter train, and carsharing. The BDM will work on the Multi-Family Residential (MFR) Services team to create and deliver transportation programs by working with property management companies at apartment and condominium buildings throughout Arlington County. The BDM will spend 60% of their time maintaining and improving relationships with both a current client base and prospect property managers and owners in Arlington County. These duties include reporting on and ensuring County-approved site plan requirements are being implemented at both new and existing site plan properties as well as working with by-right properties to implement transportation programs. 30% of the BDM’s time is spent working strategically with other programs and teams to create comprehensive and integrated marketing collateral materials, sales campaigns, and client communications as well as events. 10% of the BDM’s time will be spent analyzing, tracking, maintaining, and reporting on data associated with the MFR and ATP program.
A strong candidate will have initiative and desire to work in a collaborative team environment while meeting development deadlines and achieving individual and company sales goals. Must be comfortable contacting clients and prospects via meetings, phone calls, and email.
- Educate and train property managers and their staff on site plan requirements and/or local transportation services and building level amenities.
- Strategize with the DS&MG Outreach & Marketing Teams as well as program manager(s) to implement new and ongoing sales campaigns to meet organizational objectives and goals.
- Assist with the creation of client-specific sales and outreach campaigns.
- Organize and attend transportation related events.
- Work with a team by providing copy/content for collateral, newsletters, and social media.
- Database entry for tracking and reporting activities using SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM.
- Keep current with developments in the industry by participating in local trainings and webinars.
- Work with other organizations and form partnerships within the region to promote transportation options.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Ability to work on site in Rosslyn, Arlington, Virginia and travel locally.
- 2-4 years’ experience in property management, real estate, urban planning, or outreach/engagement in a professional office environment.
- Basic understanding of marketing, advertising, project management, event planning, and/or communications.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and project management team tools; experience with SugarCRM and/or HubSpot beneficial.
- Strong communicator with documented presentation skills and demonstrated strong writing ability.
- Enjoys working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Interest in transportation policy or issues.
- Interest in promoting the benefits of multi-modal mobility options.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced social environment.
Interested candidates must submit a cover letter and resume (additionally, writing samples and/or a link to your online portfolio are a plus) to Sheila McGraw at [email protected]. Please write Business Development Manager - MFR in the subject line.