Senior Air Quality Specialist
LSA’s Fresno office is seeking a Senior Air Quality Specialist with a minimum of 5 years of professional experience and a BS/BA in an engineering, science, environmental, or urban planning field. Candidates should be able to demonstrate excellent writing, presentation, interpersonal, and time management skills, in addition to an active interest in planning issues and environmental review. The successful candidate will manage and prepare air quality studies, conduct research, and help prepare environmental assessments/documents and technical studies.
The following skills are desired:
- Working knowledge of air quality principles, analysis methodologies, and regulatory guidelines;
- Working knowledge of greenhouse gas and climate change analysis methodologies and regulatory guidelines;
- Understanding of Air Quality Management District and Air Pollution Control District regulatory programs and their relationship to the federal Clean Air Act;
- Ability to perform air quality and greenhouse gas technical analyses in support of California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documentation for various public and private projects;
- Ability to prepare the air quality and greenhouse gas sections of complex CEQA and NEPA documents, including but not limited to, environmental impact statements/reports, environmental assessments, and mitigated negative declarations; and
- Working knowledge of air quality and noise models, including CalEEMod, EMFAC, CALINE4, AERMOD models;
- Ability to be an active team member for large environmental projects in order to perform assigned tasks within project scope, budget, and schedule with a commitment to quality work products and deliverables.
LSA Associates, Inc. (LSA) is a diversified environmental, transportation, and community planning organization with California offices in Carlsbad, Fresno, Irvine, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Point Richmond, Riverside, Roseville, and San Luis Obispo. The staff at LSA includes experts in environmental analysis, transportation planning and engineering, biology and wetlands, habitat restoration, resource management, geographic information systems (GIS), community and land planning, landscape architecture, archaeology and paleontology, noise, and air quality. We are recognized as innovators in the field of environmental impact assessment, and we have developed a reputation among clients and professional peers in both the public and private sectors as being thorough, innovative, and objective.
LSA’s greatest asset is its employee ownership. LSA offers excellent compensation and benefits, including competitive pay; medical, dental, vision, long-term disability, long-term care, group life and AD&D insurance plans; vacation, sick, and holiday pay; an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP); and a Profit Sharing and Savings Plan (with 401k and company match). LSA is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify.
Please visit our job portal to apply for this position at: http://lsa.net/careers/openings/