Senior Planning Design Professional
We are currently seeking a Senior Planning Design Professional to join our team. As a Senior Planning Design Professional, you will be responsible for working with the project team to assist overall effort of completing various project phases.
- Works on a full range of assignments in supporting the delivery of all project phases on schedule
- Demonstrates creative thinking abilities and problem solving.
- Displays ability to grasp design concepts and express graphically.
- Builds models for client/project team review.
- Assists in the development of presentations, design studies and project visualizations.
- Compiles data and performs elementary design computations.
- Performs benchmarking research on programming, comparable projects and images.
- Develops solutions to design and technical problems following established standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Continually contributes to the upgrade of the design process, working collaboratively with multi-disciplinary teams and consultants
- Assists in the development of presentations, design studies, and project visualizations in 2D and 3D.
- Displays beginning level understanding of HOK design process, marketing process and supports interview and proposal preparation.
- Displays beginning level understanding of Agreements to work within budget, schedule, work plan and client constraints.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Assures HOK document standards are met and archives documents appropriately.
- Actively promotes collaborative and innovative culture.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in urban design, planning or architecture plus 3 to 7 years’ experience; or equivalent in appropriate education and experience required. Master’s degree in urban design or planning may also be required.
- LEED credential required within 12 months of employment, LEED ND preferred.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, GIS, Rhino, Lumion, Grasshopper and VRay graphic software preferred.
- Proficiency in BIM, Revit preferred.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Travel may be required
- Overtime may be required
- The job requirements and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law. • Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records