Associate or Senior Planner (Planning Policy Focus)
Urban Planning Partners (UPP) seeks a highly motivated urban planner with a policy focus to join our team as an Associate or Senior Planner, depending on extent of project management experience, with the following qualifications and skills:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the planning field (private or public sector), and demonstrated experience as a project manager with increasing responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree in city/urban planning, community development, public policy, environmental science, or related field; OR
- Master’s degree in city/urban planning, community development, public administration or related field, to substitute for one year of experience
- Can demonstrate ability to lead and win new work
- Proven ability to manage mid- to large-size projects consistent with scope, fee, and schedule
- AICP certification preferred
- Active membership in a professional organization
- Valid California driver’s license and ability to drive a vehicle for company business
This position is focused on policy planning, contract planning, and entitlement project management, but may also involve some CEQA work. Select project highlights include: Policy Planning - Oakland ADU Initiative and Construction Innovation projects, Irvington Station Site Plan and Station Area Plan; Entitlements and Project Management - several progressive TOD and micro-unit projects; and Contract Planning – we are currently providing contract planning for several Bay Area communities including El Cerrito, Union City, and Foster City primarily on a project-by-project basis or limited duration (i.e., one or two days per week).
Urban Planning Partners
At UPP, we help create better places in partnership with our clients and the communities where we work. We are actively seeking talented people to join an empowered and collaborative employee environment. Located in downtown Oakland, we provide land use planning policy, community engagement, and environmental review consulting services on large complex projects throughout the Bay Area and Northern California.
We credit the success of our projects and the satisfaction of clients to our amazing staff and commitment to our core values: we care, collaborate, and reach, and we are real. UPP has become – and remains – a vital and respected firm, despite our comparatively small size (staff of 15). Come join our team!
UPP offers excellent benefits (vacation, sick, and holiday pay; medical, dental, group life, and long-term disability insurance plans; Clipper subsidy; 401k with 3% company contribution, profit sharing, and employee referral bonus program. UPP is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply and be considered, please email email@example.com with “Assoc-Sr Planner - Policy” in the subject line and attach a single PDF file that includes both your cover letter and resume. In your cover letter, express why you are interested in UPP and are a great fit for this position. No phone calls please. Thanks and Good Luck!