Regional Services and Planning Director
Are you an experienced leader passionate about delivering exceptional value to customers through affordable and reliable water and wastewater services? If so, Lehigh County Authority encourages you to apply for an exciting new opportunity to serve in the capacity as the Regional Services and Planning Director. In this role you would combine your leadership and strategic planning skills to support our mission of meeting the needs and expectations of both existing and future customers within the Lehigh Valley.
Established in 1966, Lehigh County Authority is a municipal authority focused on providing high-quality, affordable water and sewer services to our customers. We operate in a cost-effective and efficient manner that results in affordable rates for public services such as the water and sewer services LCA provides.
LCA works directly with ratepayers (water and sewer customers) to meet their needs and to develop partnerships and cooperative programs with neighboring municipal water and sewer systems. LCA's water rates are among the lowest in the Lehigh Valley, and our regional approach allows us to act quickly and to provide enhanced services where and when needed.
LCA is an exciting and busy place to work, and our employees are the key to ensuring that our public services are valuable, affordable and of the high quality our customers expect.
Benefits and Perks
As an LCA employee you would be eligible for competitive pay and benefits including:
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- Generous paid vacation, sick leave, personal days, and holidays
- Company provided life insurance
- Eligibility for two retirement plans - Pennsylvania Municipal Retirement Plan and 457(ICMA)
What the Job Looks Like:
- Plan, organize, and develop strategies to address future capacity requirements for water and/or sewer service; This planning work includes development and analysis of of regional, financial and technical perspectives.
- Potential to lead regional or local Act 537 technical and planning work
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including municipalities, customers, developers, and regional planning/economic development agencies
- Work closely with CEO and other senior staff in the organization to achieve short-term and long-term initiatives through the development and implementation of strategic operational plans.
- Develop and provide resources for technical support to both internal and external customers.
- Manage consultants’ work to ensure timely delivery of deliverables.
- Negotiate updated or new service agreements with municipalities, large customers, and developers while also providing support for local ordinance updates related to water and sewer services.
- Serve as liaison with participating municipalities, regional organizations, regulatory agencies and associated personnel to ensure the we are providing effective, meaningful and relevant services to the community.
- Monitor proposed regulatory and legislative changes at local, state, and federal level.
- Human Resources functions inclusive of employee leadership, recruiting, performance enhancement, workforce planning and employee development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Minimum 7 years relevant work experience; 2 years in senior role related to planning work.
- Prior experience overseeing water and/or wastewater operations, planning or municipal / business relationship management.
- Experience with managing regulatory programs in the State of Pennsylvania strongly preferred, especially experience related to water supply development and Act 537 planning for municipal wastewater systems.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal regulations such as the Federal and State Clean Water Act, Safe Drinking Water Act, municipal planning code, Pa. Municipality Authorities Act, etc.
- Ability to analyze complex problems from various vantage points including technical, legal, regulatory and financial.
- Professional communication skills, both orally and written.
- Outstanding organizational leadership abilities, including an aptitude for problem solving and decision making.
- Strong analytical skills and solutions-oriented thinking.
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills and the ability to balance multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Strong computer skills, specifically within the MS Office Suite.
- Polished interpersonal skills, including the ability to lead and inspire others.
I’m interested, how do I get started?
PLEASE NOTE - To be considered, all applicants MUST include:
- An updated resume
- Brief cover letter describing why you meet the qualifications for our position is required to be considered
- Salary requirement
Our hiring management partner is myHR Partner. myHR Partner is not a staffing service or recruiter. All resumes/applications will be reviewed for this position and only for our organization. Applicants who meet the initial qualifications will be contacted for a phone interview.
All applicants can check the status of their application by logging on to the myHR Partner web portal at www.myhrpartnerinc.com and logging on to your personal profile in the Job Postings area.
If you are selected to receive an offer of employment with our company, your employment may be contingent upon the successful completion of work references and other background checks.
We realize that it takes time and effort to go through our application process and we thank you for considering applying for this position. We kindly ask for no emails or phone calls as a means to further your application process. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you in advance for your adherence to this request.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.