Senior Program Specialist
UrbanTrans North America is a woman operated and owned sustainability consulting firm with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, and Toronto.
UrbanTrans specializes in innovative transportation solutions with a focus on multi-modal transportation planning, transportation demand management programs, shared-use mobility, strategic planning, stakeholder outreach, complete marketing services, and TDM program implementation. Our mission is to create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions. We believe that increasing the availability and viability of convenient travel choices for all travelers benefits communities, employers, developers, and citizens by reducing transportation infrastructure spending, alleviating congestion and improving air quality. Learn more about us at www.urbantrans.com.
UrbanTrans manages various innovative travel behavior change programs throughout North America. The successful candidate will be expected to work on a variety of projects, but they will primarily act as Program Manager to multiple thriving transportation management associations (TMAs) and projects in the Southern California region. This position is the perfect fit for a self- motivated problem solver who enjoys managing and delivering a variety of programs.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning and day-to-day program implementation for TMAs
- Overseeing staff resources for the TMAs, including leveraging staff from other offices
- Developing and delivering innovative, in-depth transportation projects and campaigns with key audiences
- Building productive relationships with employers, ranging from C-suite executives to Human Resources professionals, Facilities managers, and other decision makers that result in well- executed workplace transportation programs
- Lead data collection and support analysis tasks required to inform program measurement and evaluation, with a robust data-led approach to decision-making
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders such as the client, funders, and transportation agencies/service providers
- Managing communication strategies and working with team members to ensure quality control and assurance of all outputs
- Leveraging business and organizational development principles that ensure programs are strategic and delivered
- Leading, planning, and staffing outreach events such as transportation fairs, expos, tabling, lunch and learns
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Three or more years of full-time professional experience related to sales, organizational/program management, communications, marketing, public relations, or community outreach.
- Project management experience, including budgeting
- Nice to have: An advanced degree in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, Geography, Urban Planning, or Business Management is highly desirable
- Nice to have: TDM experience is a plus
- Nice to have: Experience in and fundamental understanding of behavior change programs and program management
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with various audiences
- Must be flexible and dynamic to support the growing Los Angeles market and local office
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Should possess excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Must be able to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks
- Adept at engaging professionally with executive level contacts and clients
- Knowledge of the sustainable transportation industry is highly desirable
- Knowledge of behavior change concepts and approaches is desirable
- Exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit with a strong aptitude for business development
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to lift, carry, and transport 25+ lbs when needed.
- Our expertise can carry us all over the country and sometimes the world. Some travel is required for this position.
Please send a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, include a paragraph or two about how your unique skillset can be applied to this role and the overall mission of UrbanTrans.
We appreciate all applicants; however, only those shortlisted for an interview will be contacted. The position will remain open until filled.
URBANTRANS NORTH AMERICA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. URBANTRANS HAS AN OPEN WORKPLACE THAT CELEBRATES DIVERSITY.