UrbanTrans North America is a woman operated and owned sustainability consulting firm with offices in Atlanta, Denver, Los Angeles, and Toronto.
UrbanTrans specializes in innovative transportation solutions with a focus on multi-modal transportation planning, transportation demand management programs, shared-use mobility, strategic planning, stakeholder outreach, complete marketing services, and TDM program implementation. Our mission is to create sustainable environments by developing and advancing innovative transportation solutions. We believe that increasing the availability and viability of convenient travel choices for all travelers benefits communities, employers, developers, and citizens by reducing transportation infrastructure spending, alleviating congestion and improving air quality. Learn more about us at www.urbantrans.com.
UrbanTrans provides planning services to a diverse clientele including local, regional, and state governments; developers; property managers; non-profits; and large employers. The successful planning candidate will support a broad range of transportation-related planning efforts. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Develop tools and surveys to analyze the effectiveness of transportation demand management programs
- Analyze data using Excel, Microsoft Access, and other analysis tools
- Develop maps and analyze geospatial data using ArcMap
- Conduct best practices research in the field of transportation planning
- Develop tools and procedures to collect pertinent input from stakeholder groups for the purpose of aiding the development of transportation plans and recommendations
- Collect and analyze data to develop recommendations that result in the decreased use of single occupancy vehicles
- Review and understand legislative/land use requirements as they pertain to TDM and assist clients with associated compliance
- Write planning reports and studies that summarize research and recommendations
- Develop and conduct presentations
- Manage project tasks, timelines, and budgets
- Interact with clients and develop and maintain client relationships
Education and Work Experience Requirements:
- Degree in urban planning or a related field (master’s degree preferred)
- Four or more years of full-time professional experience related to transportation planning
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills to work closely with various audiences. Computer skills including knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office, database management, word processing, spreadsheet development, and GIS. Knowledge of statistics and data analysis. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Must have the ability to work independently or as part of a team. Must be able to prioritize work tasks and manage multiple projects. Knowledge of sustainable transportation industry including bicycle and pedestrian planning and mobility on demand services is highly desirable.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Desire to positively affect the community, region, and environment
Please send a resume and cover letter. The position will remain open until filled.