Junior Military Master Planner
Woolpert, Inc., a leader in the integration of technology and geospatial data into planning and design services, seeks a highly motivated Urban Planner or Landscape Architect to serve on federal agency and military master planning project teams. Ideal candidates will be recent college graduates or have up to four (4) years of experience in federal agency or military master planning.
The successful candidate will assist in developing Vision plans, Installation Planning Standards (Form-Based Codes) documents, Area Development plans, Installation Development plans and Facility Requirements Analyses that require knowledge and application of urban design, New Urbanism, sustainable and resiliency planning strategies. The successful candidate will also have strong GIS and infographics skills. Prior military service is favorable, as is knowledge of federal facility programming.
Woolpert, Inc. was recently named one of the top 100 companies to work for through the “Great Places to Work” survey. The successful candidate will work in the Dayton, Ohio office.
- United States and International travel required
- Proactively pursue new infographic techniques, GIS technologies and keep current on urban design and master planning practices
- Analysis of current planning studies and related research
- Report production to include writing, tabular data and graphic layout
- Create report mapping and presentation graphics
- Conduct field evaluations and assessments of land use, facilities and landscape
- Perform as part of integrated federal agency and military master planning and design teams in the office and at client sites
- Actively participate in planning charrettes in-house and at client locations
- U.S. Citizenship and a U.S. Passport
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in Urban Planning, Landscape Architecture, Architecture or Geography
- Previously demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ESRI ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) and SketchUp
- Previously demonstrated written and analytical skills
- Strong oral presentation skills
Strong Knowledge of:
- GIS and Infographics
- Sustainable and Resiliency planning principles
- Form-Based Codes and Urban Design
- Planning data collection and inventory methods
- Planning Charrette methodology