Planner I, II, or III
Applications are now being accepted for the position of Planner (I, II, or III) in the Planning Review Section at Ada County Highway District in the Boise, Idaho area. Starting wage range is $19.62- $30.02 per hour, DOQ.
ACHD offers an excellent benefit package with medical, vision and dental insurance, paid vacation and holidays and membership in the Public Employee Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI).
- The Planner works in a fast-paced team environment, reviewing current land development applications from Ada County and the six cities within Ada County, for compliance with District policies and standards.
- The Planner conducts reviews on current development applications and provides oral and written communication to interested parties of development applications, including the ACHD Commission, other governmental agencies, developers, engineers, architects, and the general public.
- The position requires the ability to read maps, plat and site plans, and then develop reports from research, policy and staff input. A good knowledge of ACHD policies & procedures for roadways and developments is a must, as well as knowledge of design & planning practices. Must be proficient in Word and have a working knowledge of GIS programs, and PowerPoint. A valid driver’s license is required.
- Planner I: A degree in Planning or a related field is desirable and experience with the development review process is preferred. Planner II: A degree in Planning or a related field is required and a minimum of two years of previous experience in a similar position is required. Planner III: Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of previous experience in a similar position related to the development application review process is required.
- Any combination of education, experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be acceptable.
A completed ACHD Employment Application is required and must be submitted to Human Resources by 4:30 p.m. on July 10, 2019. Applications are available at 3775 Adams St.; Garden City, ID 83714 or on our website at www.achdidaho.org
An AA/EEO/ADA Employer
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations