Farr Associates is an architecture, planning, and urban design firm located in the historic Monadnock Building in Chicago, Illinois. We help visionaries create the most sustainable buildings and places, aiming to embolden leadership and accelerate change.
We are growing and seeking a driven and passionate architect. Projects in our studio focus on high-performance green buildings of all types including commercial, residential, institutional, and affordable housing in both new-build and renovation contexts.
The chosen candidate will possess these traits:
- Smart, strategic, highly organized, self-starter, who shares the firm’s vision
- Great communication, writing, and editing skills
- Excellent presentation preparation skills
- 1-3 years of experience
- LEED Green Associate; Required within one year of employment
- Proficiency in Revit. Expectation to work on production of drawing sets and specifications
- Proficiency in all Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Passion for sustainable, socially-equitable, economically-viable design
This is a full-time position with competitive salary and benefits.
If interested, please email resume, cover letter, and sample portfolio as a single PDF (one document, all other submissions will not be considered) less than 5MB to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Architectural Designer Application” in the subject line.
No calls please.