This professional-level position, available immediately, is an exciting opportunity to join the staff at PolicyLink. PolicyLink is a national research and action institute that works to advance policies at the federal, state, and local level to achieve racial and economic equity. Please visit our website at: www.policylink.org.
PolicyLink seeks organized, skilled, and dedicated applicants to join the organization in the role of Coordinator. The Coordinator will provide administrative support to varied program engagements designed to deliver and scale results to achieve an equitable economy, healthy communities of opportunity, and a just society.
This will include supporting state level policy advocacy on infrastructure, climate, and housing issues in California, as well as national work focused on arts, culture, and equitable development. The arts, culture, and equitable development work connects water equity and climate resilience, police accountability and alternatives, equitable economic inclusion, and other sectors with arts and culture strategies, artists, and cultural organizations to accelerate equitable policy change.
- Managing administrative support of assigned program engagements (including scheduling, meeting logistics, and travel/expenses).
- Mobilizing networks to advocate for equitable policies.
- Corresponding with team members and external partners to coordinate projects.
- Organizing knowledge and information captured by engagement teams.
- Researching stakeholders relevant to assigned engagements.
Desired Qualifications and Skills
- Commitment to advancing equity—just and fair inclusion into a society in which all can participate, prosper, and reach their full potential.
- 2 to 5 years’ experience and/or training in organizational management/operations.
- Database management.
- Project management.
- Experience managing a network and providing network support.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starting member of a team.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, proactive worker, able to work well under pressure and meet shifting deadlines.
- Sense of humor, appreciation of the value of all kinds of diversity, good interpersonal skills, and willingness to travel.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Successfully fulfilling assigned responsibilities.
- Advancing the results of assigned engagements.
How to Apply
Email Résumé and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org (include subject line: “[Your Name] (Coordinator)
OR fax to (510) 587-1123
OR mail to:
PolicyLink –Search Committee (Coordinator)
1438 Webster Street, Suite 303
Oakland, CA 94612
Position open until filled.
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
Please note: No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PolicyLink is committed to maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment.